From the moment the bride takes her first step down the aisle, all eyes are on her. And honestly, it’s hard to take your eyes off! So, it’s always been my mission to make her look breathtaking from every angle. The back is a beautiful spot for a sheer inset of lace, or a fantastic floral detail…or even to show a sensous (but always lovely) bit of skin. Your guests will be fully captivated, so you may as well give them something to admire while you recite your vows.
See the entire collection at Clairepettibone.com
Tags: backs, behind the seams, bridal, brides, claire pettibone, Couture Bridal, lace, vintage bride
FIVE TIPS FROM DESIGNER CLAIRE PETTIBONE
- Take it easy…approach dress shopping with a sense of fun and adventure. If you walk into your appointment feeling stressed, it can take the joy out of what should be a highlight of the pre-wedding planning. You WILL find the gown…you found the groom, that’s the hard part!
- Stay true, and go with what you love. Choose details that resonate with you, and it won’t really matter what’s “in”. Trends come and go, but if you truly love your dress, or a particular style or theme, then you will always look back on the day and your photos with that same joy.
- Backstory…it’s hard to take our eyes off a beautiful bride, and your guests will be watching you from ceremony to dancing. The dress should look beautiful from every angle, and I love a sensuous back detail.
- Incorporate some homemade touches, whether you do them yourself, or enlist the help of crafty or talented family and guests. Things made with love add another dimension that you will miss if the wedding is over-produced.
- The one thing that absolutely EVERY bride needs is a one-of-a-kind groom who is madly in love with her.
Can’t wait to see you at the Flagship!
Please contact Erica for an appointment: 310.360.6268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, June 14th, and Saturday, June 15th
Claire Pettibone Flagship Salon
236 South Robertson Bl.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Tags: Beauty, claire pettibone, Couture Bridal, flagship salon, Trunk Show, vintage bride, Wedding Dresses, wedding gown
I’ve never had the time to scrapbook or craft much, but I love looking at hand made decorative objects, and obviously, my creative energies all go into creating my own “crafting” of wedding dresses! This season, inspiration struck while looking at some Victorian decoupage. From the French word “to cut” this art of assembling and layering paper cutouts (often from floral greeting cards, wallpaper, and such) is still quite popular. As I was working with the layers of lace, appliques, vintage ribbons and hand-made flowers, I loved this idea of layering and almost creating a “collage” with my materials. My daughter saw me working on the Charlotte belt, and couldn’t resist helping out! Maybe I will have a future assistant!
See the entire collection at Clairepettibone.com
Tags: bridal, brides, claire pettibone, Couture Bridal, Decoupage, details, floral, vintage, vintage bride, Wedding Dresses, wedding gown
I took on an exciting project this season (and a walk down memory lane), mentoring the incredibly talented students at my alma mater, Otis College of Art and Design. Here’s Part One for a peek into the design process, from design direction, sketches, muslin fittings, all leading up to the juried show voted on by the leaders in the fashion world. I’m so proud to report that all of my students made the cut for their work to appear in the gala scholarship benefit and fashion show to be held this weekend at the Beverly Hilton. I’ll be attending, and will report back with final show photos and my winner for the Golden Thimble award…tough choice, the students all did a fabulous job!
to be continued…
For more information about the college: Otis College of Art and Design
Tags: airy dresses, beautiful bride, Behind the Scene, blouson, blush, bohemia, bridal, brides, delicate straps, dusty accents, effortlessly beautiful, fireflies, flowing skirts, interesting hemlines, intricate trimmings, lace, love, modern bride, Otis, otis college of art and design, sage green, summer nights, vintage, vintage bride, Wedding, Wedding Dresses
We can’t get enough of these lovely photos of beautiful bride Emma, wearing the Sky Between the Branches gown. The beaming couple got married at their home in Old Agoura, California, under the same oak tree that the groom’s parents were married under 30 years ago! We couldn’t imagine a more perfect setting, it was simply breathtaking,
Be sure to see the whole story with tons of gorgeous images photographed by Katie Shuler here.
Congratulations to Emma and Joey, may your lives together be just as beautiful as your wedding day!
Tags: bridal, brides, claire pettibone, Couture Bridal, lace, real bride, Real Brides, sky-between-the-branches, vintage bride, Wedding Dresses, wedding gown